Move result_code from analysis to generation
|Reported by:||dagss||Owned by:||robertwb|
|Component:||Code Generation||Keywords:||design internal|
In Pyrex, rather than the result_code being filled in at analysis time, there's a result() method being called during code generation. Moving filling ; then the result temp can be allocated using CodeWriter and so on.
See Greg Ewing's posts in http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.cython.devel/2390 this thread.
A lot of things are blocked by this:
- Complex numbers in buffers without a lot of changes/workarounds (#56)
- Closures and generators were off to a good start but where also blocked by this.
My personal opinion is that the workarounds will only pile up, while a change like this could potentially be done without too much trouble and would make it possible to start streamlining some code (especially stop worrying about figuring out workarounds for new code).
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by dagss
- Summary changed from Move generation of result_code string from to Move result_code string from analysis to generation
comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by dagss
- Summary changed from Move result_code string from analysis to generation to Move result_code from analysis to generation
comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by dagss
- Owner changed from somebody to dagss
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by dagss
- Owner changed from dagss to robertwb
- Status changed from assigned to new
comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by robertwb
- Milestone changed from wishlist to 0.9.8.2
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed